Welcome to Marks Group Live!
- Information from subscribers
What information do we collect from subscribers and why?
- We collect your name, company name, address, email address, phone number(s) and payment details (for example, your credit card information).
- We use this information to provide you with our Services; for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, provide you with advertising and marketing, and invoice you. We also use this information to make sure that we comply with legal requirements.
- We collect data about The Marks Group PC websites that you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account and the The Marks Group platform, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about how you browse through Marks Group Live.
- We use this information to give you access to and improve our Services; for example, to make our platform interface easier to use. We also use this information to personalize the Services for you.
- We use your company and credit card information to create a The Marks Group Live account for you,
- We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of automated decision-making — for example, we use certain personal information to help us screen accounts for risk or fraud concerns.
- We will also use personal information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect personal information when you sign up for our Services, when you access our Services or otherwise provide us with the information.
When and why do we share this information with third parties?
- We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
- to conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
- The Marks Group PC will always ask for your consent before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section 2.
- The Marks Group PC is responsible for all onward transfers of personal information to third parties in accordance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- Information from cookies and similar tracking technologies
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that accesses our website.
- Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
- We may also use web beacons, software development kits, and other automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
- For how long do we retain your personal information?
- In general, we keep your personal information throughout your relationship with us. For subscribers, this means we will keep your information as long as you have an active or inactive subscription with us.
- Once you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes such as to defend a contractual claim or for audit purposes and to comply with the law, except when we receive a valid erasure request, or, if you are a subscriber you terminate your account and your personal information is purged pursuant to our standard purge process.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
- What we don’t do with your personal information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
- How do we keep your personal information secure?
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other personal information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
- Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
The Marks Group PC works with subscribers and users around the world, including in the EEA.
If you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, or object to certain uses of your personal data. If you are a subscriber or a visitor of Marks Group Live’s websites, or a user of Marks Group Live’s support services and wish to exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below.
If you are unhappy with the response that you receive from us we hope that you would contact us to resolve the issue but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in your jurisdiction at any time.
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, we note that we are generally processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above, unless we are required by law to obtain your consent for a particular processing operation. In particular we process your personal data to pursue the following legitimate interests, either for ourselves, or our subscribers:
- To provide subscribers and others with our services and applications;
- To prevent risk and fraud on our platform;
- To provide communications, marketing, and advertising;
- To provide reporting and analytics;
- To provide troubleshooting, support services, or to answer questions;
- To test out features or additional services; and
- To improve our services, applications, and websites.
When we process personal information to pursue these legitimate interests, we do so where we believe the nature of the processing, the information being processed, and the technical and organizational measures employed to protect that information can help mitigate the risks to the data subject.
- Control over and access to your personal information
The Marks Group PC understands that you have rights over your personal information, and takes reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port, or limit the use of your personal information. If you are a subscriber you can update many types of personal information, such as payment or contact information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your personal information within your account settings, or if you are concerned about data collected as you visit Marks Group Live’s websites or use our support services, please contact us to make the required changes.
If you have any questions about your personal information or this policy, or if you would like to make a complaint about how The Marks Group PC processes your personal data, please contact The Marks Group PC.
- How to contact The Marks Group PC
If you would like to make a legal request, please contact Gene Marks at firstname.lastname@example.org.